Application work parties! Feb 3 & Feb 6
Stop by one or both as you prepare your application for the Hollomon Health Innovation Challenge and/or Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge:
Monday, February 3, Dempsey Hall 211, 1 – 4:00 pm
Thursday, February 6, Paccar Hall, Deloitte Commons, 2 – 5 pm
Come start or finish your application with us! We’ll have snacks, examples of 5-7 page business summaries, and a couple of laptops, in addition to the competition managers there to answer your questions.
Consumer Product Workshop and Food Festival, Feb 14 – 15
Do you have an idea for a product that you’d like to take to market? Have you ever wondered how a consumer product gets manufactured? Discover the possibilities for your idea through the Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship’s first annual series of Consumer Product Workshop events organized in partnership with Seattle Made!
Consumer products are products purchased for personal, family or household use. Examples of consumer products include food, beverages, clothing, shoes, jewelry, furniture, pet accessories, electronics and more!
The fun starts the afternoon of Friday, February 14 with a mini-tasting event from a variety of different Seattle-based food and beverage makers, and will include a panel entitled “The Maker’s Journey” featuring local entrepreneurs who will share their stories on how they developed their idea, designed their product and found a customer base!
The Maker’s Journey: Consumer Product Food Festival + Panel
Friday, 2/14 – 1-4pm (Anthony’s Forum, DEM 302)
- 1-2pm – Sample Seattle-made food products and meet the business owners!
- 2-3pm – The Maker’s Journey: Panel Discussion
- 3-4pm – Continue to enjoy Seattle-made food products!
Consumer Product Workshop – Product Design, Manufacturing, Retail Strategy + more!
Saturday, 2/15 – 9:30am – 3pm (Anthony’s Forum, DEM 302)
On Saturday, February 15, students who are curious about the product design process, retail strategies and manufacturing will have the opportunity to learn from a variety of local mentors and experts! Space is limited for the Saturday workshops, so RSVP ASAP.
- 9:30am – Breakfast provided by Honest Biscuits (gluten-free options will be provided)
- 10am – Welcome + Intros
- 10:15am – Product Design 101 – bring your creative energy!
- 11:45am – Lunch provided by Healthy Creations (all food will be vegan, gluten free and very delicious!)
- 12:15pm – Bringing Your Idea to Market: Panel Discussion
- 1pm – Mini Workshops (30-min rotating sessions)
- How to Build a Thriving Customer Community
- Retail Strategy: Online Sales vs. Brick + Mortar Businesses
- Manufacturing Your Product
- 3pm – Reflection + Next Steps!
Bonus: students who attend the full workshop on Saturday will not only leave with a clear roadmap on how they can take their idea and turn it into a reality, they’ll also earn a gift bag full of a variety of Seattle-made products from local companies!