Undergraduate Community-Based Internships (UCBI) application open through Sunday, November 1!
UCBI is a paid internship program for undergraduates who are interested in working in nonprofits and public sector organizations. Interns work 10 hours/week with community-based organizations throughout Seattle and King County winter and spring quarters. Additionally, they participate in weekly cohort meetings led by UCBI student mentors.
Why participate in UCBI:
- Take your learning off campus and (re)connect with communities
- Dive into a topic or issue you’re passionate about and explore career opportunities
- Learn more about power, privilege, identity, and systems of oppression through community engagement
- Receive mentorship and coaching from UCBI mentors and nonprofit/public sector leaders
- Engage in professional development opportunities and build your network with your cohort and partner organization
- Earn a stipend ($2000/quarter) for your work
Helpful links & next steps:
- Read the job description
- View the information session recording
- View internship descriptions for 2021
- Apply via Google Form — If you want to prepare your responses before completing the Google form, preview the questions here
- Visit cele.uw.edu for more info about UCBI or to check other CELE Center opportunities
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to meeting you and exploring community-based internship options for 2021!