Lake Arrowhead PBL meeting, June 2005
Agenda (pre-meeting draft)
- Chris Bretherton: Monday evening discussion: PBL clouds and climate sensitivity
- Joao Teixeira, NURC:Welcoming address: why are we here?
- Anton Beljaars, ECMWF: Boundary layers and weather prediction.
- Chris Bretherton, U. Washington: Boundary layers and climate prediction.
- Adrian Lock, Met Office: Stratus/Stratocumulus boundary layers
- Bruce Albrecht, U. Miami: Cumulus boundary layers
- Dave Randall, Colo. St. Univ.: Deep convection and the boundary layer
- Chris Fairall, NOAA-ETL: Air-sea interactions.
- Bjorn Stevens, UCLA: Mixed-layer parameterizations.
- Pier Siebesma, KNMI: Mass-flux parameterizations
- Bert Holtslag, Wageningen U.: Stable boundary layers
- Jordi Vila, Wageningen U.: Convective boundary layers
- Andy Brown, Met Office: Drag and flow over orography
- Alan Betts, Atmospheric Research: Interaction with the land surface
- Joao Teixeira, NURC: Eddy-diffusivity closures and numerical aspects
- Vince Larson, U. Wisc.-Madison, and Chris Golaz, NRL: Higher-order closures and cloud parameterization.
Posters (more to come)