- Biosphere-climate feedbacks
- Climate and ecosystem modeling
- Carbon cycle
- ATM S 123
- ATM S 345
- ATM S 456
- NSF CAREER Faculty Early Career Development Award (2016-2020)
- DISCCRS VI Scholar (2011)
- Giorgio Ruffolo Post-doctoral Fellow in Sustainability Science at the Harvard Kennedy School (2010-2012)
- NASA Earth Systems Science Fellow (2007)
- IGERT Fellow in Applied Mathematics and Earth Sciences at Columbia University (2003-2005)
- Graduated with Honors, University of California (2003)
- All-America Sportsman of the year, Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association (2003)
- Member of Biology Department Graduate and Postdoc Program Committee (2017-ongoing)
- Co-chair of Biology Department Seminar Committee (2015-2017)
- Member of Atmospheric Sciences Committee on Graduate Studies (2015)
- Member of Biology Department Seminar Committee (2014-2015)
- Member of Search Committee for Program on Climate Change Director (2017)
- Member of Ad-Hoc committee on Family Friendly Policies, College of the Environment (2015-ongoing)
- Member of Science Communication Advisory Group, College of the Environment (2015-ongoing)
- Member of College of the Environment Future of Ice Search Committee for 2 interdisciplinary faculty positions (2014)
- Biology Advancement Dinner (2015)
- Participant UW Faculty Field Tour, extending UW’s reach beyond Seattle (2013)
- Reviewer Royalty Research Fund Proposals, UW (2012, 2013)
Swann, A.L.S. and Koven, C.D., 2017. A direct estimate of the seasonal cycle of evapotranspiration over the Amazon Basin. Journal of Hydrometeorology, 18(8):2173-2185. doi:10.1175/JHM-D-17-0004.1.
Quetin, G.R._, Swann, A.L.S., 2017. Empirically derived sensitivity of vegetation to climate across the globe. Journal of Climate, 30(15):5835-5849. doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0829.1.
Stavros, N.E., Schimel, D., Pavlick, R., Serbin, S., Swann, A.L.S., Duncanson, L, Fisher, J.B., Fassnacht, F., Ustin, S., Dubayah, R., Schweiger, A., Wennberg, P., 2017. International Space Station observations offer an opportunity to understand plant function. Nature Ecology and Evolution. 1:0194, 06. doi::10.1038/s41559-017-0194.
Villegas, J. C., Law, D. J., Stark, S. C., Minor, D. M., Breshears, D. D., Saleska, S. R. Swann, A. L. S., Garcia, E. S., Bella, E. M., Morton, J. M., Cobb, N. S., Barron-Ga_ord, G. A., Litvak, M. E., and Kolb, T. E., 2017. Prototype campaign assessment of disturbance-induced tree loss e_ects on surface properties for atmospheric modeling. Ecosphere, 8(3):2150. doi:10.1002/ecs2.1698.
Garcia, E.S., Swann, A.L.S., Villegas, J.C., Breshears, D.D., Law, D.J., Saleska, S.R., Stark, S.C., 2016. Ecoclimate teleconnections from forest loss in disparate regions: Identifying differential responses, mechanisms, and synergies in a_ected areas. PLOS ONE. 11(11):1-12. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0165042.
Swann, A.L.S., Hoffman, F., Koven, C.D., Randerson, J.R., 2016. Plant responses to increasing CO2 reduce estimates of climate impacts on drought severity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, doi:10.1073/pnas.1604581113.
Lague, M.M., Swann, A.L.S., 2016. Progressive midlatitude afforestation: Impacts on clouds, global energy transport, and precipitation. Journal of Climate, 29(15):55615573, doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0748.1.