- Synoptic and mesoscale meteorology
- ATM S 101: Introduction to Weather
- ATM S 370: Atmospheric Structure and Analysis
- ATM S 452: Weather Forecasting and Advanced Synoptic Meteorology
- ATM S 551: Atmospheric Structure and Analysis I. Synoptic Scale Systems
- ATM S 553: Atmospheric Structure and Analysis II: Orographic Systems
- Fellow, American Meteorological Society
- Max Eaton Award, American Meteorological Society
- President, Puget Sound Chapter, American Meteorological Society.
- Program Chairman, Puget Sound Chapter, AMS.
- Treasurer, Puget Sound Chapter, AMS.
- Chairman, UCAR (University Corporation for Atmospheric Research), UNIDATA Data Access Committee.
- Associate Editor, Monthly Weather Review.
- Consulting Editor, Encyclopedia of Climate and Weather.
- Chairman, UCAR Committee on Meteorological Data Sets
- Chairman, 15th AMS Conference on Weather Analysis and Forecastings
- Chairman, Special Workshop on Real-Time Mesoscale NWP in the University Community
- Chairman, AMS Mesoscale Meteorology Committee
- Chairman, DTC Science Advisory Board
- Co-chair, AMS Committee on Communication
- Member and Chair: College Council, College of the Environment
- Member, University Senate 1988-1990, 2004-2006
- Department Computer Committee
- Arts and Sciences Graduation Committee
- Department Rules and Computer Committees
Weber, N. J. and C. F. Mass, 2017: Evaluating the subseasonal to seasonal CFSv2 forecast skill with an emphasis on tropical convection. Submitted to Wea. and Forecasting
Houze, R. A., Jr., L. A. McMurdie, W. A. Petersen, M. R. Schwaller, W. Baccus, J. Lundquist, C. Mass, B. Nijssen, S. A. Rutledge, D. Hudak, S. Tanelli, G. G. Mace, M. Poellot, D.
Lettenmaier, J. Zagrodnik, A. Rowe, J. DeHart, L. Madaus, H. Barnes, 2017: The Olympic Mountains Experiment (OLYMPEX). Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., Accepted, in press.
Picard, L. and C. F. Mass, 2017: The sensitivity of orographic precipitation to flow direction: an idealized modeling approach. J. Hydromet.. accepted, in press
Weber, N. and C. F. Mass, 2017: The origin of the bent-back frontal jet in marine cyclones. Submitted to Wea. and Forecasting.
Madaus, L., and C. Mass, 2017: Evaluating smartphone pressure observations for mesoscale analyses and forecasts. Wea. Forecasting., 32, 511-531
Warner, M. and C. Mass, 2017: Changes in the climatology of northeast Pacific atmospheric rivers in CMIP5 climate models under global warming. Submitted to J. Geophy. Res.
Wayand, N. E., J. Stimberis, J. P. Zagrodnik, C. F. Mass, and J. D. Lundquist , 2016, Improving simulations of precipitation phase and snowpack at a site subject to cold air intrusions: Snoqualmie Pass, WA, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 121, doi:10.1002/2016JD025387.