- Atmospheric chemistry
- Air pollution
- Long range transport of pollutants
- BCHEM 315A: Quantitative Environmental Analysis
- BCHEM 493- Special Topics: Atmospheric Chemistry
- BST 499- Undergraduate Research
- ATM S 800- Doctoral Dissertation
- Selected for National Academy of Sciences panel on “The Significance of International Transport of Air Pollutants” BASC-U-07-01-A, National Academy of Sciences/National
Research Council. June 2008.
- Chapter lead for chapters on ozone and mercury for UNEPHTAP 2007 report.
- Named the Fubright Distinguished Chair in Environmental Sciences at Parthenope University of Naples for 2014.
- First UW-Bothell Distinguished Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Award (DRSCA) given in 2014.
- Reviewer for the Journal Geophysical Research, Geophysical Research Letters, Environmental Science and Technology, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Atmospheric Environment, Science of the Total Environment.
- Reviewer for the NSF, NOAA, EPA and NASA.
- NSF Environmental Engineering review panel, Arlington VA, April 2015.
- Invited presentation at Trans-boundary Air pollution workshop, Yosemite CA, April 2015.
- Invited presentation at EPA/HTAP Meeting, Boulder CO, May 2015.
- NSF Committee of Visitors Review Panel for Atmospheric Sciences, Arlington VA, May 2015.
- Invited presentation at Taiwanese Conference on Aerosol Science & Technology, Taipei, October 2015.
- Invited presentation at PNW Airquest Meeting, Pullman, WA, June 2015.
- Honrath memorial lecture at Michigan Tech University, Houghton, MI October 2015.
- Invited presentation at Univ of Alabama-Huntsville, Huntsville, AL, Nov. 2015.
- Outreach presentation on climate, air quality and UWB STEM programs at Nathan Hale High School.
Song, S., Selin, N.E., Gratz, L.E., Ambrose, J.L., Jaffe, D.A., Shah, V., Jaeglé, L., Giang, A., Yuan, B., Kaser, L., Apel, E.C., Hornbrook, R.S., Blake, N.J., Weinheimer, A.J., Mauldin, R.L., III, Cantrell, C.A., Castro, M.S., Conley, G., Holsen, T.M., Luke, W.T., and Talbot, R. Constraints from observations and modeling on atmosphere–surface exchange of mercury in Eastern North America, Elementa 4, doi: 10.12952/journal.elementa.000100, 2016.
Wai Ka-Ming; Wu S., Li X. Jaffe D.A. and Perry K.D. Global atmospheric transport and source-receptor relationships for arsenic. Envir. Sci Tech, doi: 10.1021/acs.est.5b05549, 2016.
Baylon P. M., Jaffe D.A. Pierce R.B. and Gustin M.S. Interannual variability in baseline ozone and its relationship to surface ozone in the western U.S. Envir Sci. Tech., doi: 10.1021/acs.est.6b00219, 2016.
Hallar A.G. Andrew E., Bukowiecki N. Jaffe D.A. and Lin N-H. Overview of the Special Issue “Selected Papers from the 2nd Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics at Mountain Sites Symposium. Aer. Air Quality Res. doi: 10.4209/aaqr.2016.02.0077, 2016.
Shah, V., et al., Origin of oxidized mercury in the summertime free troposphere over the southeastern US, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 16, 1511-1530, doi:10.5194/acp-16-1511-2016, 2016.
Gratz, L. E., et al., Oxidation of mercury by bromine in the subtropical Pacific free troposphere, Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, oi:10.1002/2015GL066645, 2015.
McClure C.D., Jaffe D.A. and Gao H. Carbon Dioxide in the Free Troposphere and Boundary Layer at the Mt. Bachelor Observatory Aerosol and Air Quality Research, In-press, doi: 10.4209/aaqr.2015.05.0323, 2015.